Getting Care/Learning More
We are here to help.
Project S.A.F.E. is able to connect survivors with resources on and off campus and operates within an Empowerment Model of support, aiming to provide survivors with options and supporting whichever paths the survivor feels will be most helpful in her/his recovery. It is the belief of Project S.A.F.E. that survivors are the experts of their own lives and the role of our staff is to offer emotional support and information so survivors can make whatever decisions are right for them.
One of the ways Project S.A.F.E. works to build a safer community at Oxy is through educating students, faculty, and staff and encouraging members of our community to continue to educate themselves and others. Please contact us to set up an educational workshop with Project S.A.F.E. for your organzation and explore the links below.
Oxy and Community Resources
- Survivor's Circle - confidential support group for survivors on campus
- Oxy Sexual Assault Resources & Support - information for both on and off-campus resources and reporting as well as printable support materials
- Peace Over Violence - local rape crisis center offering "Emergency, Intervention, Prevention, Education, and Advocacy" services for survivors and support people as well as volunteer opportunties
- LA Gay and Lesbian Center - "building the health, advocating for the rights and enrichign the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people"
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault - CALCASA "provides leadership, vision and resources to rape crisis centers, individuals, and other entities committed to ending sexual violence."
- Northeast Community Police Station - Oxy's local LAPD station
- 1in6 - Pasadena based organization that aims to help men who have survived childhood sexual abuse. Information and online counseling are available through their website.
- FAQ - Common questions about sexual assault, healing, and getting care
- Survivor's Bill of Rights - provided by Peace Over Violence
- California Penal Codes and Statutes of Limitations - by RAINN
- How to Help a Friend - Project S.A.F.E.'s tips for supporting a friend who has experienced sexual violence
- If Someone You Know Has Been Sexually Assaulted - information by Peace Over Violence
- For Friends, Family, & Partners of Rape & Sexual Abuse Survivors - information and resources by Pandora's Project
- Guide for Supporting Survivors of Sexual Assault - basics and key phrases by Colorado State University
- A College Student's Guide to Safety Planning - pdf by LoveIsRespect
- Safety Planning - general safety planning and college specific information by RAINN
Learn More About...
- Sexual Assault (SA)
- Types of Sexual Violence - definitions provided by RAINN
- Common Reactions to SA - provided by Peace Over Violence
- Effects of Sexual Assault - information provided by RAINN
- Myths and Realties about Sexual Assault - provided by Peace Over Violence
- Recovering from Sexual Assault - information for survivors and support people by RAINN
- Male Sexual Assault - information and specific concerns addressed by RAINN
- Child Sexual Abuse (CSA)
- Relationship Violence (Domestic Violence, Intimate Partner Violence)
- What is Domestic Abuse? - definition and brief overview by Peace Over Violence
- Dating Basics - information and quizzes by LoveIsRespect
- Is This Abuse? - by LoveIsRespect
- Power and Control Wheel - forms of abuse within relationships outlined by LoveIsRespect
- Campus Dating Violence Fact Sheet - by The National Center for Victims of Crime
- Dating Violence in LGBTQ Communities - information by Brown University
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Domestic Abuse - by New Hope for Women
- National Domestic Violence hotline - hotline and eductional material by National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Getting Wordy, Talking Dirty - by the Consensual Project
- Driver's Ed for the Sexual Superhighway: Navigating Consent - by Heather Corinna
(323) 341-4750 email@example.com
(323) 259-1359 firstname.lastname@example.org
South Trailer A
- Office Hours :
- Oxy 24/7 Confidential Hotline: (323) 341-4141
- Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter : Follow @OXYProjectSAFE