We are currently hiring for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year.
If you are interested in becoming a Project SAFE Programming Assistants please submit all application materials to Naddia Palacios, email@example.com, by Friday, February 14, 2014. Interviews will be held from February 25-28, 2014. Offer letters will be sent by March 4, 2014. Acceptance deadline will be March 11, 2014.
Program Assistant Recommendation Form (Please note, that you need two Recommendation Forms submitted before the due date.)
Program Assistant Job Description:
Program Assistant Positions are a one-year commitment of 11 hours per week and include, but are not limited to the following duties:
Develop and implement effective campus wide co-curricular programs that address:
· Sexual Assault Prevention
· Intimate Partner Violence
· Hook-Up Culture
· Healthy Relationships and Attitudes
· Other issues that address current campus climate
Organize and implement campus-wide events:
· Sexual Violence Awareness week
· RAINN Day
· Love Your Body Day/Empowerment Week
· Take Back the Week
· Clothesline Project
Design and distribute Project S.A.F.E. informational materials:
· Social Norms Campaign Posters
· How To Get Help
· Hotline Information
· Services and Resources
Work collaboratively with Residential Education staff to develop and coordinate programs for students who reside in the Resident Halls.
· Hall Spreads
· Themed housing
Serve as facilities managers of the Project S.A.F.E office located in South Trailer A.
· Answer phones
· Welcome visitors
· Maintain a clean and professional office
· Respect visitors privacy
· Assist Project S.A.F.E. Coordinator with daily duties
Applicants should effectively provide evidence of the following qualities:
· Interest in issues of sexual violence prevention.
· Leadership and public speaking skills.
· Effective in communicating and working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, group affiliations and world-views.
· Programming skills including organization, initiative, efficiency, responsible follow through, creativity, and a working understanding of the campus environment.
· Good academic standing. 2.5 GPA Required, 3.0 GPA Preferred
Project SAFE Program Assistants will be compensated in the following ways:
· An hourly wage at the rate of $8.50 per hour.
· Skills development including participation in workshops and/or conferences
· Crisis intervention, sexual assault prevention training, through educational events and workshops.
· Campus wide programming training
· Work experience, intercultural communication and leadership skills training.
The individual status of any candidate or Program Assistant as a survivor of sexual assault, rape, battery, etc. should be treated as confidential information. In accordance with the mandatory training for this position, the history of advocates should be sequestered as a matter of their professional standing. This information is irrelevant to the duties that Program Assistants are expected to perform, and should not be used as a tool to relate to survivors, co-workers, or any other person in a professional setting.