What To Bring
There are a lot of items you will want to bring with you to campus and a lot you will want to leave at home. Check below for some helpful hints!
What to Bring to Oxy: A guide for our new students
The following items are supplied in all residence hall rooms:
- bed frame/mattress (twin extra-long)
- desk chair
- microfridge and microwave
Personal Property Insurance:
The College assumes no responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property for any reason and has no insurance coverage protecting students’ property. Students are encouraged to check coverage under their family’s home owner insurance policy or purchase renter's insurance while in student housing.
Suggested items to bring with you:
- sheets/blankets (all beds are twin x-long, 38 x 80 inches)
- study lamp
- throw rug(s)
- personal emergency preparedness kit (flashlight, water, first-aid materials, batteries, etc.)
- alarm clock
- small appliances (check our list of prohibited items before you pack!)
- decorations to help make your room your home
Items to leave at home (because they are prohibited in the residence halls):
- candles, incense, and oil burners
- electrical appliances with heating elements or high energy consumption, such as hot plates, electric coffee pots, immersion heaters, popcorn poppers, crock pots, electrical heaters, electric frying pans, electric woks, stoves, toaster ovens, air conditioners, torchiere style halogen lamps, ultra-violet sun lamps or any other appliance which uses over 800 watts of electricity (with the exception of hair dryers), and/or any appliance that does not meet current UL specifications.
- extension cords longer than 10 feet
- any type of upholstered furniture or mattresses not provided by the College which do not meet Fire Code CAL 133 or CAL 117 are prohibited. Each piece must be suitably labeled and written notice of compliance is required.
- your pets other than fish in 5 gallon or smaller tanks
For a complete list of prohibited items, please visit the student handbook.
Please note that all furniture provided must remain in the student's room. Storage is not available for bed frames, mattresses, etc.
- Phone: (323) 259-2531
- Facebook: ResedOxy
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org