Mission & Values
Mission & Values for the Department of Student Affairs
The Occidental student fully engaged.
Student Affairs challenges students to engage in all aspects of learning and supports their development as socially responsible members of their communities.
- Responsibility: To be accountable to another for our actions and beliefs. This means that we can also be held accountable for what we say and do.
- Congruence: To display consistency in our thoughts, feelings, and actions. To act with authenticity toward others.
- Respect: To hold positive regard for others’ traditions, beliefs, and goals, even if we personally disagree with them.
- Global Citizenship: To act out of an awareness of the world as a global community, recognizing the rights and responsibilities within it.
- To provide students with paths to enhance leadership skills that develop self-efficacy and collaboration.
- To facilitate mastery in life skills as students prepare for the transition through and beyond Occidental College.
- To connect students to communities on- and off-campus by providing opportunities for reciprocal learning.
- To impact student intellectual, social, and personal development through staying abreast of new research and best practices that inform our work.
- Phone: (323) 259-2661
- Office Hours: 9a – 5pm Monday - Friday
- Location: AGC Room 112