Mission & Values
Mission & Values for the Department of Student Affairs
The Occidental student fully engaged as a catalyst for change.
The Division of Student Affairs calls students to engage in all aspects of learning and supports their development as socially-responsible members of their communities. The Division impacts intellectual, social, and personal development through student-centered programs and services.
- Respect: To hold positive regard for others’ traditions, beliefs, and goals, promoting an environment of inclusiveness
- Authenticity: To display consistency in our thoughts, feelings, and actions with ourselves and others
- Responsibility: To be accountable to one another for our actions and beliefs This means that we can also be held accountable for what we say and do
- Global Awareness: To act with an understanding of the world as a global community, recognizing the rights and responsibilities within it
- To provide students with paths to enhance leadership skills that develop self-efficacy and collaboration
- To facilitate mastery in life skills as students prepare for the transition through and beyond Occidental College
- To connect students to communities on and off campus by providing opportunities for reciprocal learning
- Phone: (323) 259-2661
- Office Hours: 9a – 5pm Monday - Friday
- Location: AGC Room 111