Student Groups and Organizations
Students are responsible for knowing the following:
37. Organizations must adhere to all College policies and the directives of administrators acting in their role as agents of the College. Groups that violate College policies may be referred for conduct action, which may result in loss of privileges. Organizations may face charges of violating this Code if their behavior meets criteria such as:
- One or more members of the organization engages in behavior that potentially violates the Code and the behavior appears to be supported by the organization, organization members, and/or its officers;
- One or more organization members' behavior violates the Code at an activity sponsored by the organization or on the property owned by the organization; and/or
- A reasonable person would understand the behavior of one or members to fall within the scope of the organization's usual and customary activities.
38. An organization and its officers may be held collectively and individually responsible for violations of this Code when those associated with the organization have received the consent or encouragement of the organization or of the organization's leaders or officers.
39. Sanctions for organization misconduct may include revocation or denial of registration or recognition as well as other appropriate sanctions.
40. Student organizations and associations, including fraternities and sororities and student government, may appoint panels or boards to mediate disputes and enforce their bylaws. Decisions or recommendations by such panels or boards do not constitute official action by the College.
Last updated June 12, 2012
- Phone: (323) 259-2969