Internships & Other Opportunities
Expand your horizons and build your future.
Application Forms now available:
supported by the Edgerton Program in Theater at Occidental College
The Edgerton Program in Theater provides support for Summer Internships for current Oxy sophomore or junior Theater students (3 available for summer 2015) and 2 (two) Post-Graduation Fellowships. Summer Internships have a stipend of $3500 (for an average of 10 weeks @ 35 hours per week) and Post-Graduation Fellowships carry a stipend of up to $10,000 ($1000 per month for up to 10 months.) In addition, our Partner Theaters, The Theatre@Boston Court and A Noise Within, both located in Pasadena, offer a number of for-credit internships during the academic year.
Recent Announcement of Summer Internship Programs:
- Want to work in Los Angeles this summer? The Los Angeles County Arts Commission Internships will be posted on March 30, 2015. Information about how to apply, and a list of last years internships are available here.
Are you interested in working somewhere other than Los Angeles? ArtSEARCH, the online job listing service of Theatre Communications Group has had some recent postings of summer internships (and seasonal positions for those of you graduating - see below). Most are production, education or marketing positions at such places as: Studio Theatre in Washington DC; Adirondack Theatre Festival; Barrington Stage Company (MA) and Colorado Shakespeare Company. Interested? Look soon. Contact Susan Gratch or Beatrice Gonzales for login information.
DEADLINES COMING UP:
- The Emmy's: The Television Academy Foundation’s summer internship program has just opened up, providing an opportunity for a lucky college student to spend the summer of 2015 having an amazing learning experience in Hollywood. The lucky winner of the internship will find themselves in the design studio, on location, and on soundstage with professional lighting designers, their assistants, and crews. The intern will have an opportunity to work in every stage of designing for television- from creative development and design, to gaffer prepping and the eventual installation and focusing of shows. Potential applicants can see more details about this once in a life time experience, as well as apply for the spot, by visiting the “how to apply” site here: http://www.emmys.com/foundation/programs/internship/apply
- Interlochen Center for the Arts (Northern Michigan): Spend your summer at the world's leading summer program for talented young artists. www.interlochen.org/summerjobs
Of interest to graduating seniors:
Are you interested in working somewhere other than Los Angeles? ArtSEARCH, the online job listing service of Theatre Communications Group (TCG) has had many recent postings of seasonal positions. These include such positions and places as: Audio Internship at The Public Theater in NYC; Artistic Apprenticeships (various) at The Magic Theatre in San Francisco; Children's Theatre Internships in Iowa; Arts Marketing Internship at the Julliard School; Professional Arts Training Program at Seattle Rep; Residency at Long Wharf (various areas) in New Haven, CT. These are just a few - there are many more! If you want to login to see the postings using the department's credentials, contact Susan Gratch or Beatrice Gonzales.
SUMMER 2015 INTERNSHIPS AT THE CENTER THEATRE GROUP will be posted mid-April
Current positions currently available:
- Company Management Intern (undergraduate): This is a short-term observation opportunity (April 14-19) connected to Rogers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella at the Ahmanson Theatre, reserved for a student who self-identifies as a member of a group currently underrepresented in theatre management careers. This position is ideal for an undergraduate studying stage or production management, who is curious about careers in company management. Application due March 27.
- Sherwood Award Intern (graduate-level): The Sherwood Intern will support the administration of the Sherwood Award, given each year to an outstanding emerging LA theatre artist. In preparation for assisting in the coordination of the Sherwood Award process, intern will receive a mentorship in contemporary theatre and gain exposure to contemporary work being presented in Los Angeles. Student who has been out of undergraduate school for less than one year OR current graduate student OR Masters graduate who has been out of school for less than one year required. Application due March 23.
- Costume Assistantship (graduate-level): This is a full-time summer Assistantship for a student currently studying Costume Technology or Costume Design at the graduate level. The Graduate Assistant will work alongside the core Costume Staff and the Workroom artisans on the production of Bent at the Mark Taper Forum as well as act as the Shop Manager for Girlfriend at the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Application due March 31.
Please visit the CTG program website for updates. In the past, applications have been due mid-May, but they run rolling selections, sometimes hiring interns by May 1. Keep an eye out for the available internships and apply as soon as possible.
- Phone: (323) 259-2771
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (323) 341-4987