Final Research Reports are finished project summary reports that state the results and outcomes of the project.
Reports should include details about the research methodology, accomplishments, setbacks and final outcome. Even if a project is continuing past the semester or summer, some form of final report is required for all URC-funded grants. Some grants have additional specific requirements that must also be met, such as the submission of an abstract (an abstract is a brief summary of your work) or thank you note, and failure to comply with any of these requirements will be considered when additional funding is requested and/or may result in charge backs to an individual’s student account.
Report requirements are as follows:
Academic year reports are due within 2-4 weeks at the end of the term during which the award was granted. Please refer to your award letter or check our on-line calendar for deadlines.
Summer reports are due upon completion of the of the summer research program. Your final stipend will not be released until submission of the report, abstract and other requirements.
- All ASP awardees must submit a three-to-four page report on the activities and conclusions of their research along with a 250-word abstract and a one-page budget report to the URC. Ongoing ASP projects must send a work-in-progress report at the end of the term during which the award was granted.
- ASP Conference Travel awardees must submit a two-page report on the conference and the ASP Conference Travel expense report including receipts to justify the approved expenses including (as appropriate) airline boarding passes, hotel receipts, conference registration expenses.
- Fletcher Jones Scholars must submit an eight-to-ten page report on their research along with a 250-word abstract and a statement detailing the advantages of the fellowship, along with a statement of their career and/or educational plans for the Fletcher Jones Foundation at the end of their 18-month fellowship. Shorter interim reports will also be required at the end of each semester and those will be detailed at the time the award is made.
- Norris Scholars must submit an eight-to-ten page report on their research along with a 250-word abstract and a statement detailing the advantages of the fellowship, along with a statement of their career and/or educational plans for the Norris Foundation at the end of their 18-month fellowship. Shorter interim reports will also be required at the end of each semester and those will be detailed at the time the award is made.
- Richter-ASP awardees must submit a final report consisting of a one paragraph abstract, a four-to-five page summary of project activities and results, and a Richter-ASP expense report Participants must share their results with the campus community in a public presentation. Copy the email@example.com with the e-mail or other announcement of the public presentation with sufficient notice.
- Summer Research Program participants must submit a final report consisting of five- to-ten pages reporting on the outcomes of their research project to the URC along with a 250-word abstract for the URC to post to the college website (OxyScholar). Summer Research Scholars must also present their findings at the Conference, complete the various URC surveys, write a thank you note to the funding source or agency and consider presenting their research findings at SCCUR or another professional conference.
Faculty-funded or outside grant-funded scholars’ requirements may vary. Please ask a URC staff member if you have questions about your particular program.
Failure to submit a report or adhere to other requirement(s) will disqualify you from consideration for subsequent funding and may result in a charge of the full amount of your award to your student account. All reports are due on the day indicated in your award letter, which is generally about one month after the stated project completion date.
All reports should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as Word or pdf documents only. No other formats will be accepted.
- Phone: (323) 259-1414
- Email: email@example.com
- Location :
Library, 2nd floor, Old Wing, Room 253A
- Like us on: Facebook