Writing a Personal Statement
This is meant to be a personal essay, an opportunity for you to explain why you are the right person to conduct this research.
The title of this application component speaks for its content. Your personal statement needs to emphasize why your project will be successful and the reasons you want to do this research.
You need to make it clear why it is exactly you who should do this work:
- Why are you interested in this topic?
- What life experiences or course work have prepared you to study it?
- What are the personal qualities that make you a good applicant?
- How are you prepared to do this work?
- How will this project contribute to your Occidental education and future plans?
- Phone: (323) 259-1414
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location :
Library, 2nd floor, Old Wing, Rooms 253A and 253
- Like us on: Facebook