Many research opportunities are available to students during the summer.
If you are interested in conducting research over the summer, the URC is here to help! Please start by taking a look at the various program links (below) to find out what's available. Once you've identified the program(s) you want to apply for, please contact us with any questions.
The Occidental College Summer Research Program is the largest program we offer and it is open to students of any major. If you are interested in applying, be sure to watch your emails (and "like" us on Facebook) in order to receive updates about information sessions, or for application deadline reminders. The deadline to apply for the 2017 Occidental Summer Research Program is 4 pm on February 10, 2017.
Faculty-sponsored and other named programs may be limited to specific majors -- please carefully read each program description and application instructions. Other programs may have different deadlines from those sponsored by the URC -- please click on the link of the program that is of interest to you and be sure to take note of the requirements and deadlines that you must meet! Some programs will not update their deadlines until much closer to summer, so be sure to check their websites often!
You may apply to more than one program but must submit a separate cover sheet and proposal package for each.
URC/College-Coordinated Summer Research Opportunities
- Occidental's Summer Research Program
- Faculty Sponsored Research
- Argonaut Summer Research Writing Fellowship
- Billington Student Research Fellowship in US History
- City of Hope
- Gerken Fellowship
- Institute for the Study of Los Angeles (ISLA) Fellowship
- Mellon: Arts and Urban Experience Initiative
- Mellon: Community-Centered Research Initiative
- Richter International Fellowship
- Stauffer [John Stauffer Charitable Trust] - Chemistry
UEP/College-Coordinated Summer Internships that may involve research and allow for presentation at the Summer Research Conference
Research at other institutions
- Phone: (323) 259-1414
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location :
Library, 2nd floor, Old Wing, Room 253A
- Like us on: Facebook