Marshall Scholarships fund one or two years of graduate study in the UK for high-achieving US students.
Preliminary Application Deadline: June 29, 2020
Internal Deadline: September 2, 2020
National Deadline: TBA (usually late September)
Marshall Scholarships fund one or two years of graduate study in the UK for high-achieving US students who demonstrate the potential to be leaders in their fields. The scholarship is funding by the UK government and is meant to foster connections between the UK and US.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- hold a bachelor's degree by September 2021
- have a minimum 3.7 GPA
- have graduated from their first undergraduate program after April 2018
Oxy Application Process:
1. Complete the Preliminary Application Google Form by June 29th.
2. Complete a summer advising meeting.
3. Sign up for a campus interview by August 28th.
4. By September 2nd at 11:59pm, complete a draft of your Marshall application through the Marshall website and hit "submit" to send it to Oxy reviewers. Email an unofficial transcript (anything listing your courses and grades is fine) to email@example.com. Please ask your recommenders to email their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2nd. When asked on Marshall's site to submit names of recommenders, please use Jennifer Locke (email email@example.com) as a placeholder for all four slots. (We will ask your recommenders to submit their letters to Marshall's site only if/when the campus committee decides to endorse your application.)
5. Interview with the on-campus committee.
6. If nominated by the college, work to revise and submit your application by the national deadline.