Rhodes Scholarships fund two years of graduate study at Oxford for high-achieving students.
Preliminary Application Deadline: June 29, 2020
Internal Deadline: September 2, 2020
National Deadline: TBA (usually early October)
Rhodes Scholarships fund two years of graduate study at Oxford for students with outstanding academic achievements, excellent character, commitment to the public good, and demonstrated leadership potential.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- have a minimum 3.7 GPA
- be at least 18 but not yet 24 years of age
- have received or be planning to receive your bachelor's degree no later than October 1 of the year after you apply
Note: The Rhodes Scholarship is no longer restricted to U.S. citizens. Applicants may apply through a number of additional Rhodes-eligible countries, or through the new Rhodes Global Scholarship. DACA students may also apply through the U.S. Rhodes process. Note that different countries may have different national deadlines, although Oxy's process will remain the same.
Oxy Application Process:
1. Complete the Preliminary Application Google Form by June 29, 2020.
2. Complete a summer advising meeting.
3. Sign up for a campus interview by August 28th.
4. By September 2nd, submit a draft of your application to our committee. Create a cover sheet for our committee that includes your name, the city and state of your permanent residence, and the name of your proposed program at Oxford. Next, create a single PDF with your cover sheet, a 1-2 page resume, and your personal statement. Email this PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2nd. Please also ask your recommenders to send copies of their letters directly to email@example.com by September 2nd.
5. Interview with the on-campus committee.
6. If nominated by the college, work to revise and submit your application by the national deadline.