The Academic Continuity Planning team’s goal is to provide the tools, training, support, and resources that allow students and faculty to stay connected and academically engaged.
The support and resources offered throughout the remainder of the semester will help faculty adapt existing teaching and learning goals to an online format.
Below are summary videos of some of the topics covered in our training sessions. You can also view the full library of Remote Teaching Support videos on Vimeo.
- Finding a course in Moodle
- Publishing a course in Moodle
- Sharing content between courses using the "Sharing Cart"
- CSP Developing your research strategy
- Hiding the grade book in Moodle
- Track Moodle forum participation using activity completion
- Logging in to BlueJeans
- Joining a BlueJeans video conference
- Recording and sharing a BlueJeans video conference
- Breakout rooms in BlueJeans
- Adding BlueJeans recording links to Moodle
- Connecting remotely - VPN (part 1)
- Connecting remotely - FTPS (part 2)
- Connecting remotely - Parallels (part 3)
The Academic Continuity Execution Training & Support Team held a number of workshops and trainings during the week of March 16, 2020 to support faculty in the transition to remote classes. Below is a full list of the training and support sessions that were offered. You can request to cover any of these topics during our virtual office hours, available Monday-Friday 12-1pm.
- Video Conferencing Training for Live or Recorded Classes
- Connecting to Oxy with Remote Computing Tools and Advice
- Intro to Moodle Learning Management System
- Video Conferencing Training
- Hands On Workshop for Google, BlueJeans and Moodle
- Remote Language Teaching
- Creating and Sharing Recordings Workshop
- Sharing Course Materials, and Assigning and Collecting Homework Workshop
Thank you to the Smith College CIO for generously sharing info and resources about their continuity planning process.
NEW: Teaching Remotely Web Resources
A comprehensive guide of best practices, resources and support available to help you successfully transition to remote instruction during the COVID-19 response.