Required Writing Supplement
Here's a peek at the questions for the Required Writing Supplement for first-year applicants.
Please note, you must adhere to the word limits below to successfully submit your Writing Supplement via the Common App.
Using the Oxy Supplement on the Common App, respond to the following questions:
1. If you’ve had the opportunity to visit campus, please indicate when and in what capacity, and briefly describe your visit experience. (250-word limit)
2. There are thousands of colleges and universities. Why are you applying to Occidental? In your opinion, what distinguishes it from your other choices? (300-word limit)
3. While we realize your interests may change in college, what are your current academic and intellectual curiosities? (250-word limit)
4. Choose a book you have read—at any point in your life—that most affected you and clarify its effect. (300-word limit)
5. Identify and describe a personal habit or idiosyncrasy—of any nature—that helps define you. (300-word limit)
Attention transfer students: please visit your required supplement questions in the Transfer Student Application Requirements section.
firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: (800) 825-5262 | fax: (323) 341-4875