The following is a list of tools and technological resources available to help you successfully teach remote classes online.
A note about Fair Use
Tools for Class Management & Communication
G-Suite Apps for Education
Email lists to help you communicate with students via your Oxy email. All students, class year, course & section lists are automatically created.
Email Listserv Help
Video and telephone conferencing system to help you teach classes synchronously, share recordings for later viewings, and host virtual office hours/conference calls.
BlueJeans Login (log in using your full Oxy email address, including @oxy.edu)
Connecting to Oxy Services Remotely
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Virtual Computer Lab
To provide remote access to software available in Oxy's computer labs for all faculty and students.
Virtual Computer Lab Help
Below are links to instructional videos for many of the tools and technologies available to help support your online teaching. You can also view the full library of video tutorials on Vimeo.
- Logging in to BlueJeans
- Joining a BlueJeans video conference
- Recording and sharing a BlueJeans video conference
- Breakout rooms in BlueJeans
- Adding BlueJeans recording links to Moodle
- Finding a course in Moodle
- Publishing a course in Moodle
- Sharing content between courses using the "Sharing Cart"
- CSP Developing your research strategy
- Hiding the grade book in Moodle
- Track Moodle forum participation using activity completion