Advice for success in remote education.
Establish boundaries on your time and space
A critical element of success when working remotely is establishing routines and creating intentional boundaries between focused work and other life activities, such as rest, socializing and play.
Identify a dedicated study space that allows you to concentrate and feel alert. Communicate your needs about that space to friends and family. If a dedicated space isn’t possible, think about what you can do to set intentions on your use of the space by making physical changes. For example, make the bed before working on it, or clear technology off the kitchen table when you are eating.
Keep a calendar or planner to help you remember when to engage with your learning and to know when you can relax.
- Apply for hardware or internet accommodations via the Fall 2020 Student Technology Support Request Form
- View our Video Tutorials for students on using Zoom, Moodle, Panopto and more
- Connect to the Virtual Computer Lab to use specialized academic software available in Oxy's computer labs
- Convert Files to PDF for ease of document sharing in Moodle and elsewhere (Oxy doc)
- Manage forum subscriptions in Moodle (Oxy doc)
- Get research help by making an appointment with a Librarian or Disciplinary Specialist.
- Obtain copies of primary resources by contacting Special Collections and College Archives at email@example.com
- Connect Google Scholar to Oxy Library’s Resources Outside Campus (Oxy doc)
- Get the latest information on curbside pickup, digitization and other services on our Covid-19 Service Update Page.