The Oxy Arts on York Black Box space is available for community members to reserve at no cost for arts-related programs and events that are aligned with our mission.
Please fill out this reservation form to help us determine whether your event fits our guidelines and mission.
Oxy Arts Mission
Oxy Arts is the interdisciplinary hub for creativity and the arts at Occidental College. Our efforts are rooted in four core values – Connection, Collaboration, Community, and Creativity. We produce programming across creative mediums (film, visual art, performance, writing, music), rooted in the belief that the arts have a unique ability to engage people in socially conscious dialogue. Oxy Arts is deeply committed to building community that celebrates diversity and individuality, and treats everyone with fairness and respect.
Our space can accommodate 150 people standing, and approximately 60 seated. For workshops with tables and chairs, we can accommodate up to 30 people. The room has a sprung dance floor, black walls, a projection screen and AV capabilities. Our space is wheelchair accessible. We do not have a parking lot. For more information please see our Visitor Info page.
Proposed programs must:
- Take place between the hours of 11am - 6pm
- Have an arts/cultural component or focus
- Be open to the public, or serve the local community
Priority is given to projects that are open to the public or serve the local community directly, and to projects and organizations that do not have their own space or have a specific need that our space can offer.
Use of the space includes:
- Tables and chairs
- Projection screen and projector, laptop not included
- Ladder, hammer, level
- Broom and basic cleaning supplies (you are responsible for cleaning, unless other arrangements are made)
Use of the space does not include:
- Single use installation supplies (tape, nails, etc.)
- Single use cleaning supplies (paper towels, wipes, etc.)
- Plates, cups, napkins, utensils, etc.
- Computers and printers
We CANNOT accommodate:
- Fundraising, commercial projects, or programs with an entry fee
- Events that serve alcohol
- Events that require Oxy Arts staffing, outreach, or funding.