We are passionate about environmental sustainability and dedicated to being "green." We strive to raise awareness about social and environmental practices.
The Green Bean has made great strides to using fully sustainable resources in all of its products and packaging. Not all of these changes have been obvious, but they are making an impact by helping to keep our environment clean. Below are just some of the things that the Green Bean has been working on implementing. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to email the Green Bean!
How we are doing our part
We have been making an effort to purchase only 100% post-consumer recycled paper products and compostable materials. Currently, everything at the condiment counter is compostable: Straw wrappers, forks, lids, cups, pastry bags and plates, and napkins. All food and paper products may be composted, but please keep in mind that the plastic marketplace containers cannot be. In fact, those must be thrown away. The Green Bean has three convenient, easy-to-access composting bins in the lobby. They are easy to spot – look for the large green bins!
- All of our cups, plates, napkins, and utensils are compostable. Look around the shop for tip on what you can compost!
More environmentally friendly products
We've worked to find not only tasty products for you, but also products that fit with our values.
- We now offer Jones Soda, Stewarts Sodas, and Steaz Energy drink!
Better packaging from suppliers
We've been working with our product suppliers and requesting that they change the packaging they send us. All of the coffee and espresso that we order now comes in recyclable packaging! We are hoping to eventually cut down on all non-recycled or composted packaging.
Ways of Going "Green" at the Green Bean
- Bring in your own mug and receive a 20 cent discount!
- Fill your reusable water bottles from our filtered tap at the condiment bar
- Recycle bottles and cans purchased from us
- Compost plates, bags, and cups used for drinks and pastries