Given the discontinuation of Oxy’s football program, we have developed resources specifically for football players who are reacting to the circumstances, and may need support or have questions.
As always, Oxy Student Support Resources are at the ready to assist our football players who are adjusting to the news about the discontinuation of football at Oxy. Additionally, for those football players who are deciding whether they wish to remain at Oxy, or to continue their education and football careers elsewhere, Oxy has curated support and processes to assist students who wish to transfer.
- Emmons Wellness Center: Emmons is ready to connect all students (whether they reside in California or elsewhere) with therapeutic support to assist in processing and moving through this news.
- DOS Case Management: The staff in the Dean of Students Office are ready to assist to personally help students with connection to resources, academic strategizing, securing academic flexibility, and any other assistance a student may need.
- Support via Athletics: Coaches and Joe Gonzalez in Sports Medicine continue to reach out to players to check-in and offer support and connection to resources.
- Student Success Webpage: Our Student Success Webpage is a helpful resource that curates all the campus student support resources ranging from Peer Learning to involvement opportunities in one convenient and easy to navigate location.
- Academic Flexibility: For students who need flexibility with assignments and due dates, please contact the Dean of Students Office.
- Advising Center: The Oxy Advising Center is staffed to answer questions about majors, registration, or any other academic related questions or issues.
- Student Success Webpage: Our Student Success webpage centralizes all Oxy student resources in one virtual location and includes such as Peer Learning, Technological help and support, and student leadership opportunities.