There are many ways to get involved with economics outside the classroom.
- Economics Student Association (ESA): The ESA aims to improve the student experience in the economics department. We seek to bridge gaps between students, faculty, and alumni of the economics department through a variety of events.
- Women in Economics: This organization provides a space to foster the development of female economics students on campus. We seek to provide mentoring and networking opportunities. Our goal is to introduce more women to the economics department and promote an environment of gender equality.
- Blyth Fund: A part of Occidental’s endowment, the Blyth Fund is a premier six-figure, student-managed investment portfolio. The Blyth Fund offers students hands-on experience in investment management and broadens interest in finance among some of Oxy’s most promising of students.
- The Occidental Consulting Group: The Occidental Consulting Group strives to improve the local Los Angeles community by providing pro-bono management consulting services to businesses and non-profit organizations. Consultants work closely with one another and with clients, allowing students to apply and expand the intellectual capital they garner in classrooms to real-world issues.
- Oxy Microfinance Club: Oxy Microfinance Club is a service club with the mission of helping entrepreneurs around the world generate steady income by making small loans to support their growth.
- Oxypreneurship: We develop exciting events on campus that increase student engagement and inspire students towards entrepreneurship.
- Contact Us:
- Department Chair: Kirsten Wandschneider
- Office: Fowler 224
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (323) 259-2932