Our staff is dedicated to helping you with the financial aid process during your four years at Oxy.
For Current Students:
Read about Prior-Prior Year and the changes returning students can expect for the 2017-2018 financial aid application process.
Interest rates for Federal Direct Loans for 2016-2017:
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan: 3.76%
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: 3.76%
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan: 6.31%
Managing the cost of education can be a challenge for many families. Occidental College’s financial aid program is based on the mission of the College: to provide a gifted and diverse group of students an educational experience of the highest quality. We are committed to helping students and their families navigate the financial aid process to receive grant, loan, and work study assistance to enroll and succeed at Oxy.
We understand that the aid process can be confusing and complicated, but hope to make it easier. Here are some helpful guidelines:
- Submit all documents by our published deadlines. This is important to our process and our ability to make sure you receive your funding on time.
- Always sign your forms— most forms require both parent and student signatures. All forms require original signatures (no electronic signatures).
- Check your e-mail. Our primary form of communication is e-mail. We send out award letters, changes to award letters, and required document notices via e-mail.
- If you are unable to provide any requested documentation or have questions about a required form, give us a call.
- You can submit any documents by mail, e-mail, or fax. Documents sent via e-mail can be jpegs, pdfs, images, or photos.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact us. We are here to help.
- Mailing Address:
Financial Aid Office
1600 Campus Road F-35
Los Angeles, CA 90041-3314
Arthur G. Coons