Welcome to Oxy! We are excited to see you on campus for New Student Orientation.
Congratulations on choosing Oxy! Now that your college decision is behind you, you are probably wondering “What’s next?” Between now and early June when your New Student Packet arrives, there is nothing you need to do other than keep up the good work and request a final copy of your transcript be sent to the Admission Office. You can also review the New Student Frequently Asked Questions here.
For students begining Oxy in the spring semester, click here for more information about what you need to do before January Orientation.
The New Student Packet will include your @oxy.edu email information and a more detailed list of to-dos and action items (specifically due dates, deadlines, mandatory forms, etc), but here is an overview so you have a better idea of what to expect this summer and can plan ahead:
- Check your @oxy.edu email frequently
- Read the New Student Packet (cover to cover!) & check this website for updates
- Choose and register for your Cultural Studies Program (CSP) seminar preferences
- Register for OxyEngage pre-Orientation program (optional)
- Complete your Advising Information form
- Complete the Think About It online training module
- Complete Health forms
- Take placement exams (if applicable)
- Complete the common reading
- Pre-register for courses that required an online placement exam
- Sign up for OR waive Oxy student health insurance
Between now and then, please contact email@example.com with any questions!