Welcome to Oxy! We are excited to see you on campus in August for New Student Orientation.
Now that your college decision is behind you, you are probably wondering “What’s next?” Between now and early June when your New Student Packet arrives, there is nothing you need to do other than request a final copy of your transcript be sent to the Admission Office. You can also review the New Student Frequently Asked Questions here.
The New Student Packet will include your @oxy.edu email information and a more detailed list of to-dos and action items (specifically due dates, deadlines, mandatory forms, etc), but here is an overview so you have a better idea of what to expect this summer and can plan ahead:
- Check your @oxy.edu email frequently
- Read the New Student Packet (cover to cover!) & check this website for updates
- Choose and register for your Cultural Studies Program (CSP) seminar preferences
- Register for OxyEngage pre-Orientation program (optional)
- Complete your Advising Information form
- Complete the Think About It online training module
- Complete Health forms
- Take placement exams (if applicable)
- Complete the common read, Don Normark’s Chavez Ravine, 1949
- Pre-register for courses that required an online placement exam
- Sign up for OR waive Oxy student health insurance
Specific student groups have different arrival dates; so, be sure to mark your calendars accordingly:
- Students participating in International Student Orientation (incoming students on a student visa) should arrive on Friday, August 19.
- OxyEngage Pre-Orientation Participants should arrive on Monday, August 22, by 2 p.m.
- All other new students should arrive on Thursday, August 25, between 8 a.m.-12 noon.
New Student Orientation is required for all new and incoming transfer students and begins on Thursday, August 25 at 8 am with move-in and will run until the first day of classes on Tuesday, August 30. Your family members are invited to join us for a separate but concurrent orientation program from Thursday, August 25 until Saturday, August 27; schedules for both programs will be available online by early June.