Tuition Tax Form
The 1098-T form is used by eligible educational institutions to report information about their students to the IRS as required by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Eligible educational institutions are required to submit the student's name, address, taxpayer identification number (TIN), enrollment and academic status. Beginning in tax year 2003, educational institutions must also report amounts to the IRS pertaining to qualified tuition and related expenses, as well as scholarships and/or grants, taxable or not. A 1098-T form must also be provided to each applicable student.
To View and Print 1098-T Statement Online
- Go to the ACS 1098-T Reporting
- Click the "Access my record" link
- Enter your social security number and last name
- If this is the first time that you are logging in, you do not need a PIN number. Simply enter the information above and click the "login" button. The site will then direct you to the area where you can establish a PIN for future access.
1098-T Website Navigation
User Instructions: provide information for navigating the 1098-T site and accessing student information.
TRA ´97 Information section contains detailed information about the Tax Relief Act of 1997. Information about the Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Credits are provided, and an explanation of how to qualify for each is presented. By selecting the hyperlinks from the TRA ´97 Information main page, the user is linked to specific information about the selected tax credit. Details about eligibility, income requirements, and refund amounts are provided. Additionally, a link to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) is offered to help address TRA ´97 inquiries.
Access My Record section allows students to access their specific demographic and financial information relating to TRA ´97. This secure, login-based portion of the Web site requires the student to provide an SSN in order to have access to their information. Students have the ability to perform the following functions:
- View and print 1098-T form online.
- Modify the address to which the 1098-T form is mailed.
- Office: AGC 117
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (323) 259-2610
- Fax: (323) 341-4880
- Mailing Address:
1600 Campus Road M-20
Los Angeles, CA 90041