Academic excellence, leadership development, equity, respect for diversity, and philanthropy. Occidental Greek Life.
Spring 2017 Recruitment
Spring formal recruitment has concluded. If you have any questions about joining Greek Life, please contact any of the following:
Victoria Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sorority Recruitment
Aami Jumani, email@example.com, Fraternity Recruitment
Spring 2017 Recruitment Week will be on January 30 - February 3.
- Chapters participating in organized recruitment are: Alpha Lambda Phi Alpha, Delta Omicron Tau, Kappa Alpha Theta, Zeta Tau Zeta, and Phi Kappa Psi. Students that want to participate in organized recruitment must fill out the recruitment registration form.
- Chapters that do not participate in organized recruitment but are still eligible to join are: Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Sigma Lambda Gamma, Inc.
- Please note that in order to allow for students to attend the event for Rev. Dr. William Barker on Feb 1, preference dinners will be scheduled before and after 7pm - 9pm.
Alpha Lambda Phi Alpha (Sorority)
Delta Omicron Tau (Sorority)
Kappa Alpha Psi (Fraternity) *Currently dormant, please contact the Office of Student Life for re-chartering.
Kappa Alpha Theta (Sorority)
Phi Kappa Psi (Fraternity)
Sigma Alpha Epsilon (Fraternity)
Sigma Lambda Gamma (Multicultural Sorority)
Zeta Tau Zeta (Gender Neutral Greek Org.)
Philanthropy & Service
Among the most important Greek traditions is a commitment to philanthropy and service. Each organization supports its own beneficiary agency, and also unites to help many other on-campus service events. Greek organizations raise thousands of dollars every year for various causes and work with many Eagle Rock and Highland Park community partners.
Among the members of the Greek community at Occidental are many accomplished athletes that represent Occidental on a number of sports teams. Additionally, fraternities and sororities routinely participate in all-campus intramural leagues.
Joining Greek life at Occidental exposes members to a social life filled with diverse activities. Greek Organizations host mixers between groups, on-campus events, and formal events throughout the year. Many organizations attend sporting events, shows around Los Angeles, weekend retreats, and local community events.
Greek organizations are proud to contribute to the Occidental community in many ways. Our chapters have been the recipient of various Occidental Leadership Awards over the past years:
Organization of the Year - Delta Omicron Tau (shared with Black Student Alliance)
Service Program of the Year - Greek Council (Greek Week of Service)
Community Impact- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Hours: Mon-Fri: 9a-5p
- On Campus: Johnson Student Center 102
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice: (323) 259-2918
- Facebook: OxyOSL