Kids ages 6-8 will work with Folk Tales from around the world to learn the basics of storytelling, character work, and physical theater. This class emphasizes teamwork and imaginative play. At the end of our eight-week session, parents are invited to an open class to watch their children work together to act out their tale.
Eight weeks: $120
Kids ages 9-12 will learn the basics of “creating something from nothing.” In improv, there is no wrong answer. Students will learn to think on their feet, respect each other’s ideas, and work together to create their own stories. At the end of our eight-week session, parents are invited to an informal show where students will play a sampling of the games they learned in class.
Eight weeks: $160
How to sign up and other information
- All classes are held in the Keck Theater Rehearsal Room (Keck 208)
- To enroll your child or children, sign up online or by phone at (323) 259-2771 with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Or download an enrollment form and fax it to us at (323) 341-4987.
- There is a 10% discount for siblings (first child pays full price, each additional sibling gets the discount).
- We accept cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- Children must be the minimum age by September 1, 2016.
- Please have children dress in loose, comfortable clothes they can move in. No jeans, skirts or restricting clothing. Students will be removing their shoes for the class.
- Unlike our summer sessions, we will not be offering mat time after the class. Please pick up your children within 5 minutes of the end of the class. We will be charging you $1 for every minute you are late.
Keck Theater is located on the Occidental College Campus (1600 Campus Road, Los Angeles 90041). You can find directions to the college here. The theater is number 45 on the printable campus map. To get to the Theater, turn right onto Bird Road from Campus Road, then left onto Gilman Road. At the stop sign you will be at A. G. Coons Road, turn right. Keck Theater is on the left, our parking lot is the first driveway on the left.