Kids ages 6-8 will work with Folk Tales from around the world to learn the basics of storytelling, character work, and physical theater. This class emphasizes teamwork and imaginative play. At the end of our eight-week session, parents are invited to an open class to watch their children work together to act out their tale.
Eight weeks: $120
Kids ages 9-12 will learn the basics of “creating something from nothing.” In improv, there is no wrong answer. Students will learn to think on their feet, respect each other’s ideas, and work together to create their own stories. At the end of our eight-week session, parents are invited to an informal show where students will play a sampling of the games they learned in class.
Eight weeks: $160
How to sign up and other information
- All classes are held in the Keck Theater Rehearsal Room (Keck 208)
- To enroll your child or children, please contact Beatrice Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 259-2771.
- Or download an enrollment form and fax it to us at (323) 341-4987.
- There is a 10% discount for siblings (first child pays full price, each additional sibling gets the discount).
- We accept cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- Children must be the minimum age by January 1, 2013.
- Please have children dress in loose, comfortable clothes they can move in. No jeans, skirts or restricting clothing. Students will be removing their shoes for the class.
- Unlike our summer sessions, we will not be offering mat time after the class. Please pick up your children within 5 minutes of the end of the class. We will be charging you $1 for every minute you are late.