Jet Propulsion Laboratory Internship
This program will allowed talented sophomores, juniors and seniors to work on scientific research projects with JPL science mentors on-site at nearby JPL. The JPL-SIRI program is an internship program during the academic year.
This is an outstanding opportunity for Occidental students to gain professional experience and, although unpaid, the SIRI program offers student interns a gateway for JPL's prestigious, paid summer programs and continued research.
The JPL-SIRI program "gives students real-life work experiences as a component of their academic program, ones that can help them make career choices and, if they decide to go into some kind of technical work, help them chart future steps in their education." You can learn more about this program at http://siri.jpl.nasa.gov/
To be considered for this program, Occidental College student applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a current student
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be over the age of 18 and a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Be available to participate in the program 10 - 15 hours per week regularly for the duration of the program dates (one semester)
- Be available to attend a weekly education component on Friday afternoons
- Be eligible for and enroll in a credit-bearing course, as this program does not provide funds
- Be nominated by an Occidental College faculty member
This program is designed to be a one-semester experience. Previous participants in the program are not eligible to apply. To apply, you must be nominated by an Oxy faculty member. Faculty members will be contacted by the Career Center once JPL is ready to solicit new applicants to the program. Nominees will then be contacted with instructions about how to apply and advised regarding available internship opportunities (AOs). DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY via the JPL website as your application documents will not be accepted!
The selection process for this program is competitive. Please be aware that the number of available opportunities may be limited and it may not be possible to place all eligible applicants. If you meet the requirements for the program and are not selected, you are welcome to reapply at the next opportunity.
If you have questions about this program, please contact Liselda J. Fabian at the Career Development Center.
- Phone: (323) 259-1414
- Email: email@example.com
- Location :
Library, 2nd floor, Old Wing, Room 253A
- Like us on: Facebook