Student Organization Registration Policy
Students are responsible for knowing the following:
Student organizations must follow certain guidelines in order to be registered by the College and to be eligible for ASOC funding. All groups must adhere to the following principles and policies:
- All groups must complete the registration process as outlined by the Office of Student Life;
- Groups must submit officer updates to the Office of Student Life every semester in order to maintain good standing;
- All groups must have at least two Executive board members who are currently enrolled Oxy students and have one member of the Oxy faculty, staff, or administration to serve as the organization's advisor;
- Group membership is limited to members of the Oxy student body only;
- Each group is expected to be nondiscriminatory in its practices and policies;
- Students in leadership positions must carry at least a 2.75 GPA and may not be on disciplinary probation;;
- Student groups and their members can speak only for themselves and not for the College;
- Students may not commit the College to any contract, vendor, or organizational relationship; only designated Student Affairs administrators may sign contracts or enter into relationships with off-campus organizations.
In addition to completing the Office of Student Life registration process, groups with a religious focus must be registered with Office of Religious and Spiritual Life. Failure to do so will result in the revocation of the group's registered status and benefits. All religiously affiliated groups must adhere to the campus policies regarding such groups, as established by the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life.
Club Sports at Occidental College are recognized student run organizations that serve the students' interests in competitive or recreational activities. A Club Sport is defined as any Occidental College Organization registered with the Office of Student Life & the Athletics Department that participates in an intercollegiate competitive or recreational physical activity and/or requires use of College Athletic Facilities. Sports which have existing intercollegiate teams will not be represented as a Club Sport.
Last updated August 6, 2012
- Phone: (323) 259-2969