Net Price Calculator
Our Net Price Calculator is a useful tool which can help you understand how to finance an Occidental education.
College affordability is an important factor in determining if a college is the right fit for you and your family. The cost of college must be realistic and sustainable, and we welcome you to give our Net Price Calculator (NPC) a try to see what your financial aid might look like at Oxy.
How it Works
- The NPC uses your self-reported family income and assets and applies a standardized methodology to determine your family's ability to contribute to college costs.
- Based on our current cost of attendance, the NPC will provide an estimate of the aid you might expect.
- It is meant as a general guide for entering first-year students outlining the types of need-based financial aid available at Oxy.
Keep in Mind
- Use of our NPC is not a guarantee of aid, and all students must complete the CSS PROFILE, FAFSA, and submit all required documents in order to be considered for need-based aid at Occidental.
- The more complex the family financial situation, the less accurate the calculation will be (i.e., divorced, separated, never married parents, families with businesses or partnerships, families with multiple real estate properties, families with special circumstances of various types).
- In the case of divorced, separated, or remarried parents, the custodial parent (the primary parent the student lived with most in the past 12 months) should provide their financial information. If the custodial parent is remarried, the step-parent must also provide their information in the NPC.
- Divorced and separated parents may both independently use the NPC for an estimate of the cost of an Occidental education. However, bear in mind that Occidental expects both custodial and noncustodial parents to contribute toward college costs and participate in the financial aid application process.
email@example.com | phone: (323) 259-2548 | fax: (323) 341-4961