What is my visa for?

The F-1 student visa allows you to legally enter the United States and attend college full time. It also allows you to have a student job on campus.

Once you’ve been admitted to Occidental and have paid your commitment deposit, we’ll provide all the paperwork around mid-May that you will need to apply for the F-1 visa. That leaves ample time for you to make appointments with the appropriate immigration offices. If for some reason you need this process to be expedited, please send a request by email


Collins House
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041

Phone: (323) 259-2700
or (800) 825-5262
Fax: (323) 341-4875