If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you must submit the Certification of Finances (COF) form or the International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) when you apply for admission. Students should submit only one of these forms, not both.
- Students who are not applying for need-based financial aid will submit the COF.
- If you are applying for need-based financial aid, you will submit the ISFAA.
- All applicants will be considered for merit-based scholarships, but please know that need-based financial aid is extremely limited and highly competitive. Typically, only 2-3 students are selected each year for international need-based financial assistance.
Remember to answer every question and obtain the required signatures on the COF or ISFAA. Otherwise, your form will be considered incomplete and returned to you.
Keep in mind for the COF:
- A bank statement can replace the COF in the admission process, but both the COF and a bank statement will be required if you are admitted and choose to enroll.
- Each column of the COF must be completed and reflect a dollar amount. It is insufficient to only say "full amount" in any section.
- Your COF must demonstrate full financial support of our total cost of attendance ($65,530 for 2016-17) unless you wish to be considered for financial aid.
- A bank official's signature and seal are required on the COF if any of your Oxy education will be paid out of personal savings.
The College will verify the financial resources of all international applicants before a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) is issued.
Questions? Email email@example.com.