With spring break approaching, Oxy’s COVID Operations Group (COG) wants to remind everyone about the importance of continued adherence to safety measures to reduce and prevent COVID transmission
To the Occidental Community:
With spring break approaching, Oxy’s COVID Operations Group (COG) wants to remind everyone about the importance of continued adherence to safety measures to reduce and prevent COVID transmission. While the numbers of positive tests and people in isolation on campus remain low as of now, and L.A. County remains in the "Low" level of community spread, safety measures vary outside of Los Angeles and California, and we want individuals to be as safe as possible, whether staying in town or traveling next week.
On-Campus PCR Testing
- On-campus PCR testing in the AGC will remain open during spring break, Monday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- If any Oxy community member tests positive for COVID outside of the AGC test site, please report the positive status and date the test was taken to firstname.lastname@example.org. The COVID Operations team will follow-up to complete contact tracing and discuss the isolation process.
COVID Safety Measures
We encourage everyone to continue exercising caution during this time to protect yourself and others, and strongly recommend the following:
- Wear a high-quality mask indoors and in crowded outdoor spaces. Exercise extra caution when traveling.
- If you haven’t already, get your COVID bivalent booster vaccination, if eligible (at least two months since your last COVID vaccine dose).
- Get your annual flu shot, if you haven’t done so.
- There is no recommended waiting period between getting a COVID vaccine and other vaccines.
- If exposed to COVID, get tested 3-5 days after exposure.
- If symptomatic, take a COVID test right away, whether at the AGC or with an at-home test.
Thank you for a wonderful beginning to the spring semester, and for continuing to take care of yourself and each other.
COVID Operations Group (COG):
Harry J. Elam, Jr., President
Sharla Fett, Faculty Council President, Professor of American History
Rob Flot, Vice President for Student Affairs & Dean of Students
Amos Himmelstein, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Nora Kahn, General Counsel
Devon Sakamoto, Assistant Dean of Students for Emmons Wellness Center
Wendy Sternberg, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College
Jim Tranquada, Director of Communications
James Uhrich, Vice President for Information Technology Services & Chief Information Officer