Our staff is dedicated to helping you with the financial aid process during your four years at Oxy.
Managing the cost of education can be a challenge for many families. Occidental College’s financial aid program is based on the mission of the College: to provide a gifted and diverse group of students an educational experience of the highest quality. We are committed to helping students and their families navigate the financial aid process to receive grant, loan, and work study assistance to enroll and succeed at Oxy.
We are here to make the aid process understandable. Here are some helpful guidelines:
- Submit all documents by our published deadlines. This is important to our process and our ability to make sure you receive your funding on time.
- Always sign your forms— most forms require both parent and student signatures. All forms require original signatures (no electronic signatures).
- Check your e-mail. Our primary form of communication is e-mail. We send out award letters, changes to award letters, and required document notices via e-mail.
- If you are unable to provide any requested documentation or have questions about a required form, give us a call.
- Occidental College is a member of the Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) offered through the College Board. All application materials are uploaded via this secure portal.
Connect with a Financial Aid Team Member
Have further questions? The Financial Aid team is here to help. We are currently conducting financial aid appointments virtually, via phone or email. Complete the Financial Aid Question & Appointment Request Form to let us know the best way to reach you. For general questions, we encourage you to join us during virtual office hours.
Spring 2021 Virtual Office Hours
Virtual Office Hours are cancelled the week of March 8-12 due to the College's Spring Break
Tuesdays: 3:00 P.M. - 4:30 P.M. PST
Tuesday Office Hours Link
Meeting ID: 889 2194 4888
Wednesdays 11:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. PST
Wednesday Office Hours Link
Meeting ID: 810 7537 1377