The progressive spirit of the Occidental community has laid solid foundations for sustainability, on campus and beyond. Many of our initiatives are student-led.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- Building the 1-megawatt hillside solar array
- Installing 10 Level II electric vehicle charging stations
- Initiating the Bike Share Program
- Campus Dining’s commitment to the Real Food Challenge
- FEAST Organic Garden, a student-run community garden
- Composting food waste at all campus dining facilities
- Renovating Swan Hall to meet LEED Gold certification
- Establishing the Renewable Energy and Sustainability Fund
- Managing the Occidental Sustainability Investment Fund
There are always new ways to further sustainability efforts at Oxy. Ideas from students, faculty, and staff—together with supportive teamwork across our community—drive the growth of sustainability on our campus. We look forward to hearing your ideas!