This Commencement checklist is designed to help you organize the many things you need to do both before and after graduation.
1. Attend Grad Fair 2022 on Feb 17th 11:30a-1:30p - Missed Grad Fair? Stop by the bookstore asap to place your cap & gown order and receive vendor info you missed
2. Take the First Destination Survey and share your post graduation plans with the Occidental College community - Click here to Take it Now!
3. Make sure all of your records are up-to-date. This includes your transcripts, library books, school fees, etc.
4. Order your graduation announcements, thank-you notes, appreciation gifts, envelope seals and keepsakes.
- Address and mail your announcements to arrive at least two weeks before Commencement.
5. Make travel and lodging arrangements for out-of-town guests. Find Oxy-specific discounts at local hotels here.
6. Pre-order your yearbook by April 15. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. A limited number of yearbooks will be available for purchase at Commencement.
7. Pick up your cap and gown from the bookstore between Monday, May 9 - Saturday, May 14 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Pick up wrist bands for your family & friends with your cap & gown. Remember, seating is limited for the Commencement ceremony. Each graduate will receive seven wristbands.
- Try on your cap and gown. Remove wrinkles according to instructions and hang up the gown.
8. Attend Commencement rehearsal. Rehearsal will take place at 10 a.m. on Friday, May 13 and is open to graduating seniors only.
9. Designate a place to meet your family and friends after the ceremony. No-host food trucks will be on the Academic Quad for a post-graduation reception.
10. Pick up pre-ordered leis prior to lining up so that you can wear it while crossing the stage for your photo.
11. Return rental gown to the Bookstore patio directly after the ceremony. The cap & tassel are yours to keep.
12. Present your appreciation gifts to those who have provided help and support throughout your college years.
13. Send thank-you notes to those who have given you graduation gifts.