This Commencement checklist is designed to help you organize the many things you need to do both before and after graduation.
1. Please respond to the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). You will receive an email on February 15th from Dean Wendy Sternberg containing a weblink for you to participate. The NSSE is designed as an exit survey for graduating seniors. It helps the college understand how students are spending time in and out of the classroom, which guides decisions that will benefit Oxy students both in the short-term and in years to come.
2. Make sure all of your records are up-to-date. This includes your transcripts, library books, school fees, etc.
3. Order your graduation announcements, thank-you notes, appreciation gifts, envelope seals and keepsakes.
- Address and mail your announcements to arrive at least two weeks before Commencement.
4. Make travel and lodging arrangements for out-of-town guests.
5. Pick up your cap and gown from the bookstore between Monday, May 11 - Saturday, May 16, 2020 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Pick up wrist bands for your family & friends. Remember, seating is limited for the Commencement ceremony.
- Try on your cap and gown. Remove wrinkles according to instructions and hang up the gown.
6. Attend Commencement rehearsal.
7. Designate a place to meet your family and friends after the ceremony.
8. Return rental gown to the Bookstore patio directly after the ceremony. The cap & tassel are yours to keep.
9. Present your appreciation gifts to those who have provided help and support throughout your college years.
10. Send thank-you notes to those who have given you graduation gifts.