As Occidental continues to develop plans to operate remotely due to COVID-19, the Business Office would like to share some temporary procedures that departments and purchasers should use to ensure the College continues to run as smoothly as possible.
Accounts Payable is now accepting invoices, check requests and employee expense reimbursements electronically. We are also still accepting all of the above documents in paper format just as we always have. However, please contact Barbara Valiente at x1417, Jane Sia at x2848 or Lupe Salmeron at x1423 to confirm the office is open before you bring your documents to AGC.
Approved invoices, check requests and employee expense reimbursements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Required approvals can be submitted separately via email to the same email address. Given the large volume of invoices that Accounts Payable handles, we would appreciate you following these procedures:
Invoices or Check Requests
- Each invoice or check request should be submitted individually in PDF or JPG format. If submitted via PDF, we would appreciate each file name beginning with the payee name and invoice # (or date of request if no invoice # is provided).
- Example: Grainger Inv#1234.pdf or John Smith 03-19-20.pdf
- Each invoice or check request should include the Fund, Organization, Account (and Activity if applicable) numbers on the document.If no physical approval signature is available, please include email approvals as part of your PDF or JPG.
Employee Expense Reimbursements (EXR)
- Please submit your expense reimbursement form and ALL back up documentation in ONE PDF file. If JPG format is used, please include all pages of each expense reimbursement submission in one email. The name of each employee expense reimbursement file should include the payee name, EXR and date of request.
- Example: John Smith EXR 03-19-20.pdf
- If no physical approval signature is available, please include email approvals as part of your PDF or JPG.
Due to operational constraints in Accounts Payable and on campus, check requests held for pickup will not be available until further notice. Electronic ACH payments are only available for employees if they do not wish to receive their reimbursements via USPS mail.
As the College faces an array of challenges related to the COVID-19, we want to ensure the campus community of our commitment to upholding day-to-day business operations. Please help us concentrate our efforts on processing payments by using our online resources and tools to obtain information on policies and procedures to reduce the volume of inquiries. The Business Office will continue to refine processes, when necessary and communicate promptly when changes are made. Thank you for your flexibility and patience.