Senior Director of Emmons Wellness Center Sara Semal announces the launch of a new, mandatory Daily Health Check app for students, faculty and staff who are on campus.
Dear Oxy Community,
As we continue to navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of the Oxy community is our highest priority. To promote a healthy campus environment we are launching a Daily Health Check app so that students, faculty and staff can self-assess the state of their well-being and the presence of any COVID-19 symptoms on a daily basis before leaving their residence hall room or coming to campus.
Effective Monday, August 3, all students, faculty and staff living on campus or coming to campus for any reason are required to use our Daily Health Check System to verify that you are free of any COVID-19 symptoms or recent exposures. Everyone should know that they may be asked to display proof of daily “clearance.” This Daily Health Check tool, together with mask wearing, social distancing and proper hygiene, are critical to maintaining the health and safety of the entire Oxy community.
Here's how the Daily Health Check System works:
- Go to oxy.edu/covid-19 and click on the Daily Health Monitoring button.
- Login with your Oxy username and password.
- Review the information on the main screen and click Continue.
- Answer the questions on the page and submit your responses.
- If you are symptom free, you will get a “cleared” message and you can come to campus for the day.
- If you are experiencing symptoms you are not permitted to come to campus.
You can also access the Daily Health Check System by logging into myOxy and following the instructions in the Health Check box on the left-hand side of the home page. You can login to myOxy at any time to access your health check status for the day.
As a reminder, you should not leave your res hall room or come to campus with any cold or flu symptoms, even mild ones. You should also follow these best health practices:
- Practice social distancing by putting at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- California now requires face masks covering the nose and mouth to be worn in many public settings, including public places where 6 feet of separation is not feasible.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Clean and then disinfect frequently used surfaces.
- Cover coughs/sneezes with a tissue or inside of your elbow.
- Monitor your health for symptoms and stay home if you’re sick.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, do not leave your res hall room or come to campus. Discuss your symptoms, as mild as they may be, with the staff at Emmons Wellness Center or your health provider and discuss next steps. Please call us at 323-259-2657 to speak with a provider.
For information about the Daily Health Check web app, please check out the FAQs.
If you have any questions about health and safety related matters, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the health check app and how it works, please contact James Uhrich at email@example.com.