The De Mandel Aquatics Center is designed to foster the highest level of competition at Oxy.
- 35-meter by 25-yard competition pool
- 15 practice lanes, 12 competitive swimming lanes
- Two 1-meter and two 3-meter diving boards; 13.3-foot diving well
- 34-meter all deep-water water polo venue
- Attached recreational pool
Transforming the Athletic Experience
- The impact on the swimming and diving and water polo teams is transformational, changing how they practice, compete and recruit.
- Divers are able to practice and compete on campus rather than using the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center.
- Swimming practice is no longer held in shifts; a bigger pool will means faster times and the ability to rebuild Oxy's distance program.
- Water polo teams are able to train and practice for the kind of game they must play in modern competitive pools.
- Renovated locker rooms in adjacent Culley Athletic Building
- State-of-the-art sound system
- New scoreboard
- New energy-efficient lighting
- Fully accessible