The Beinecke Scholarship funds graduate study in the arts, humanities, and social sciences for college juniors with financial need.
Internal deadline: January 24, 2020
National deadline: February 13, 2020
The Beinecke Scholarship Program was created to encourage students of exceptional promise to pursue graduate study in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Scholars receive $30,000 of funding for graduate school, plus $4,000 prior to graduate school for application and interview expenses.
In order to be eligible, a student must:
- have a strong record of academic achievement and intellectual promise
- be enrolled as a junior during the academic year in which they apply
- plan to enter a master's or doctoral program in the arts, humanities, or social sciences
- be a U.S. citizen or a United States national from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid
Oxy may nominate one junior each year for the Beinecke Scholarship. In order to be considered for Oxy nomination, please email the following four materials as individual PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on January 24, 2020. Label each file with your name (e.g., lastname_firstname_personalstatement).
- a personal statement (max 1,000 words) describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations
- a current resume
- an unofficial transcript
- a statement signed by you indicating whether or not you have received need-based financial aid while at Oxy
Please also ask three faculty members to write a letter of recommendation for you and to email their recommendations to email@example.com by January 24, 2020.