Churchill Scholarships fund one year of graduate study at Cambridge for high-achieving U.S. students in STEM fields.
Internal Application due to Oxy Committee: August 22, 2022
Campus Interviews: early September
National Deadline: TBA (usually late October)
Churchill Scholarships fund one year of graduate study at Cambridge for high-achieving US students in STEM fields.
Watch our recorded info session introducing this award and other graduate study fellowships here.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be a senior at Oxy or recent graduate (graduated within the past 12 months)
- have an excellent academic and research record in a STEM field
Oxy Application Process:
1. June-August: Meet with the Director of National and International Fellowships to discuss your application plans. If you are planning to pursue a master's degree by research, contact potentail supervisors at Cambridge. Order a transcript through the Transcript Request for Oxy Fellowships, making sure you indicate that you would like the transcript emailed to yourself so you can save the PDF.
2. By August 22 at 11:59pm: Complete drafts of your two Churchill essays (a 1-page Proposed Program of Study and a 2-page Academic and Research History) and email these essays as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email your official transcript to email@example.com. Finally, you must also complete this waiver form to be considered for Oxy nomination. We do not require letters of recommendation until the national deadline.
3. September: Participate in the campus nomination process, which may involve an interview.
4. If nominated by the college, work to revise and submit your application by the national deadline.