Churchill Scholarships fund one graduate study at Cambridge for high-achieving U.S. students in STEM fields.
Intent to Apply Deadline: April 16, 2021
Preliminary Application: May 31, 2021
Revised Application due to Oxy Committee: August 23, 2021
Campus Interviews: early September
National Deadline: TBA (usually late October)
Churchill Scholarships fund one year of graduate study at Cambridge for high-achieving US students in STEM fields.
To learn more about these and other British/Irish awards, see our recorded Oxy information session.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be a senior at Oxy or recent graduate (graduated within the past 12 months)
- have an excellent academic and research record in a STEM field
Oxy Application Process:
1. By April 16: Complete the Intent to Apply Google form. You will then meet one-on-one with the Director of National and International Fellowships to discuss your application plans.
2. By May 31: Complete a draft of all your Churchill 2-page personal statement and email it as a Word doc or Google doc to email@example.com. (Note that you do not yet need your 1-page Proposed Program of Study draft, although you should be making contact with potential research supervisors.)
3. June-August: Attend group revision workshops and one-on-one meetings with the Fellowships Director to revise your application. Applicants are expected to revise their drafts multiple times. Order a transcript through the Transcript Request for Oxy Fellowships, making sure you indicate that you would like the transcript emailed to yourself so you can save the PDF.
4. By August 23 at 11:59pm: Complete drafts of your two Churchill essays (a 1-page Proposed Program of Study and a 2-page Personal Statement) and email these essays as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email your official transcript to email@example.com. Ask your recommenders to email recommendation letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23rd. Finally, you must also complete this waiver form to be considered for Oxy nomination.
5. September: Participate in the campus nomination process, which may involve an interview.
6. If nominated by the college, work to revise and submit your application by the national deadline.