Mitchell Scholarships fund one year of graduate school in Ireland for US students who have demonstrated excellence in academics, leadership, and service.
Preliminary Application Deadline: June 29, 2020
Internal Deadline: September 2, 2020
National Deadline: TBA (usually late September)
Mitchell Scholarships fund one year of graduate study in Ireland for US students who have demonstrated excellence in academics and leadership, as well as a commitment to community and public service.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be 18 years or older and not yet 30 by September 28 of the year of application
- hold a bachelor's degree by the time you would begin study as a Mitchell Scholar
Oxy Application Process:
1. Complete the Preliminary Application Google Form by June 29th.
2. Complete a summer advising meeting.
3. Sign up for a campus interview by August 28th.
4. By September 2nd at 11:59pm, complete a draft of your Mitchell application through Mitchell's website and create a PDF that includes your short answers and essay. Email the application and an unofficial transcript (anything listing your courses and grades is fine) to email@example.com. Please ask your recommenders to email their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2nd. Do not enter your recommenders' contact information in the Mitchell website until hearing that the committee has endorsed your application.
5. Interview with the on-campus committee.
6. If nominated by the college, work to revise and submit your application by the national deadline.