Mitchell Scholarships fund one year of graduate school in Ireland for US students who have demonstrated excellence in academics, leadership, and service.
Intent to Apply Deadline: April 11, 2022
Preliminary Application: May 30, 2022
Revised Application due to Oxy Committee: August 22, 2022
Campus Interviews: early September
National Deadline: TBA (late September)
Mitchell Scholarships fund one year of graduate study in Ireland for US students who have demonstrated excellence in academics and leadership, as well as a commitment to community and public service.
Watch our recorded info session introducing this award and other graduate study fellowships here.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be 18 years or older and not yet 30 by September 28 of the year of application
- hold a bachelor's degree by the time you would begin study as a Mitchell Scholar
Oxy Application Process:
1. By April 11: Complete the Intent to Apply Google form. (It may help to consult this course search tool to find courses that interest you in Ireland.) You will then meet one-on-one with the Director of National and International Fellowships to discuss your application plans.
2. By May 30: Complete a draft of your Mitchell essay and email them as a Word doc or Google doc to email@example.com.
3. June-August: Attend group revision workshops and one-on-one meetings with the Fellowships Director to revise your application. Applicants are expected to revise their drafts multiple times. Order a transcript through the Transcript Request for Oxy Fellowships, making sure you indicate that you would like the transcript emailed to yourself so you can save the PDF. Please send this document to your recommendation writers to help them prepare for our August 22nd deadline.
4. By August 22 at 11:59pm: complete a draft of your Mitchell application through Mitchell's website and create a PDF that includes your short answers and essay. Email the application and your official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your recommenders to email their letters directly to email@example.com by August 22nd. Do not enter your recommenders' contact information in the Mitchell website until hearing that the committee has endorsed your application. Finally, you must also complete this waiver form to be considered for Oxy nomination.
5. Early September: Participate in the campus nomination process, which may involve an interview.
6. Mid to late September: If nominated by the college, work to revise and submit your application by the national deadline.