Mitchell Scholarships fund one year of graduate school in Ireland for US students who have demonstrated excellence in academics, leadership, and service.
Intent to Apply Deadline: April 16, 2021
Preliminary Application: May 31, 2021
Revised Application due to Oxy Committee: August 23, 2021
Campus Interviews: early September
National Deadline: TBA (late September)
Mitchell Scholarships fund one year of graduate study in Ireland for US students who have demonstrated excellence in academics and leadership, as well as a commitment to community and public service.
To learn more about these and other British/Irish awards, see our recorded Oxy information session.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be 18 years or older and not yet 30 by September 28 of the year of application
- hold a bachelor's degree by the time you would begin study as a Mitchell Scholar
Oxy Application Process:
1. By April 16: Complete the Intent to Apply Google form. You will then meet one-on-one with the Director of National and International Fellowships to discuss your application plans.
2. By May 31: Complete a draft of your Mitchell essay and email them as a Word doc or Google doc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. June-August: Attend group revision workshops and one-on-one meetings with the Fellowships Director to revise your application. Applicants are expected to revise their drafts multiple times. Order a transcript through the Transcript Request for Oxy Fellowships, making sure you indicate that you would like the transcript emailed to yourself so you can save the PDF.
4. By August 23 at 11:59pm: complete a draft of your Mitchell application through Mitchell's website and create a PDF that includes your short answers and essay. Email the application and your official transcript to email@example.com. Please ask your recommenders to email their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23rd. Do not enter your recommenders' contact information in the Mitchell website until hearing that the committee has endorsed your application. Finally, you must also complete this waiver form to be considered for Oxy nomination.
5. Early September: Participate in the campus nomination process, which may involve an interview.
6. Mid to late September: If nominated by the college, work to revise and submit your application by the national deadline.