Apply for financial aid at Occidental by following our three-step process.
The FAFSA application allows us to review your eligibility for federal and state financial aid. Remember to list Occidental College, federal school code #001249.
- Spring 2024 Transfers by November 1, 2023: Submit the 2023-2024 FAFSA
- Fall 2024 Transfers by March 1, 2024: Submit the 2024-2025 FAFSA
The CSS Profile application allows us to review your eligibility for Oxy need-based grants, loans, and work study. Remember to list Occidental College, CSS code #4581.
The deadline for this application varies depending on your application status:
- Spring 2024 Transfers by November 1, 2023: Submit the 2023-2024 CSS Profile
- Fall 2024 Transfers by March 1, 2024: Submit the 2024-2025 CSS Profile
In addition, if you have a noncustodial parent, they must complete their own CSS Profile application. Occidental requires a CSS Profile for both the custodial and noncustodial parent.
- Spring 2024 Transfers by November 1, 2023: Submit 2021 tax documents
- Fall 2024 Transfers by March 1, 2024: Submit 2022 tax documents
Occidental is a part of the Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). Families must upload copies of their completed federal tax returns (with all schedules and statements) and W-2s directly via IDOC.
For California Residents Only
All California residents are required to apply for a Cal Grant. Transfer students from California community colleges may be eligible for a Transfer Entitlement Cal Grant if they have at least a 2.4 GPA from a community college.
You must file your FAFSA and your community college must submit your GPA to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) by March 1 in order to be considered for this Cal Grant. Students who miss the March 1 deadline have the opportunity to submit their FAFSA and community college GPA by September 2 for Cal Grant consideration.
If you are a U.S. military veteran, please also review the Veteran Benefits on our website.