Oxy participates in the Common Data Set Initiative
The Common Data Set (CDS) initiative is a collaborative effort among data providers in the higher education community and publishers as represented by the College Board, Peterson's, and U.S. News & World Report. The combined goal of this collaboration is to improve the quality and accuracy of information provided to all involved in a student's transition into higher education, as well as to reduce the reporting burden on data providers.
The CDS is a set of standards and definitions of data items rather than a survey instrument or set of data represented in a database. Each of the higher education surveys conducted by the participating publishers incorporates items from the CDS as well as unique items proprietary to each publisher. Consequently, the publishers' surveys differ in that they utilize varying numbers of items from the CDS. For more information, visit www.commondataset.org.
Looking for a particular section or past year? Find it here:
CDS 2019-20 Sections
- Section A: General Information
- Section B: Enrollment and Persistence
- Section C: First-Time, First-Year Admissions
- Section D: Transfer Admissions
- Section E: Academic Offerings and Policies
- Section F: Student Life
- Section G: Annual Expenses
- Section H: Financial Aid
- Section I: Instructional Faculty and Class Size
- Section J: Degrees Conferred