The magnitude of Inauguration Day’s events will require some temporary campus parking and traffic restrictions on both Friday and Saturday.
For the Oxy Community
We expect more than a thousand guests to attend this joyous event, as well as a separate group of 200 newly admitted and prospective students who will be parking in the Bell Field lot and behind the Library. The magnitude of the day's events will require some temporary campus parking and traffic restrictions on both Friday and Saturday.
Here’s what to be aware of:
- The E. Norris (north) and Upper Stearns parking lots will be closed to Oxy parking from 1 p.m. on Friday through Sunday afternoon. The classroom tents in both lots will be taken down on Friday and reinstalled on Sunday. (The south E. Norris/Braun lot will remain open as usual.)
- The top level of the Collins House/Admission parking structure will be closed all weekend, from 5 p.m. on Friday through Monday morning. Cars left on the top level after 5 p.m. this Friday will be towed, so please be sure to move your car if you need to.
- The following parking restrictions also will be in effect from Friday at 5 p.m. through Sunday morning to provide parking for our guests:
- No parking in the Booth parking lot.
- No parking on AGC Road between Keck Theater and Hillside Theater.
- No parking in the first (faculty/staff) level of the Collins House/Admission parking structure.
- No parking on N. Bird Road outside of Newcomb Hall and Weingart.
- No parking on Thorne Road from the ADA spaces to the loading dock and behind the loading dock.
In addition to the above parking restrictions, Gilman Road between Bird Road and AGC Road, and AGC Road between Keck Theater and UEP will be closed to regular vehicular traffic from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday. Both the Erdman Hall lot and the second (student) level of the Collins House/Admission parking structure will be closed to entry from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Cars already in these two lots will be able to exit, but will be able to make a left turn only from Erdman and a right turn only from the parking structure. Vehicles in the Lower Stearns parking lot will only be able to make a right turn when exiting.
Students are strongly encouraged to park in the Berkus Hall garage, in the second level of the Collins House/Admission parking structure and in the solar lot off AGC Road on Friday and Saturday.
Support staff who are working Inauguration events on Saturday are asked to park on Campus Road and walk onto campus, or take a rideshare to the Booth parking lot on Bird Road and take the shuttle from there. Shuttles will run on designated routes on campus between 12 noon and 10 p.m.
Faculty, staff, alumni and others participating in the official procession into Hillside Theater at the start of Saturday's Inauguration ceremony can find parking information here.
For Our Guests
Limited campus parking will be available for guests attending Inauguration events on Saturday, April 23. General parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Directional signage will guide guests to designated campus parking areas. We strongly recommend using a rideshare service, as parking on campus will be extremely limited. The designated rideshare drop-off point will be located in the Booth parking lot.
Shuttles will run on designated routes on campus between 12 noon and 10 p.m. on Saturday. Note: after 1:30 p.m., shuttles will no longer run to the main entrance of Hillside Theater for the Installation Ceremony, and will instead take guests needing ADA access to view the Installation Ceremony to the top level of Hillside Theater.