The Office of Student Conduct is designated by the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students to administer the Occidental College Code of Student Conduct (the “ Code "). When a violation of College policy is alleged, the Office of Student Conduct engages with those involved, investigates and takes appropriate action in accordance with the Code (or refers the matter to the appropriate office for resolution).
In furtherance of Occidental College's commitment to excellence, equity, community, and service, the Office of Student Conduct encourages and expects Students to:
- respect themselves and others;
- resolve conflicts peacefully;
- repair harm caused by their actions;
- understand their responsibility to both the local and global community; and
- participate in a complex, pluralistic, and interdependent world.
The Office of Student Conduct strives to create an environment in which Students seek truth and justice, thoughtful decision-making is paramount, and all community members are grounded in the values of trust, honesty, and respect.