As we finish the spring semester and head into summer, we want to inform you of upcoming changes to Oxy’s COVID testing protocols.
As we have done throughout the year, the COVID Operations Group continues to seek guidance from LA County public health officials and consult with our own medical experts as we determine health and safety protocols for our community. The following outlines changes to Oxy’s COVID testing protocol this summer:
Beginning on Monday, May 22:
- COVID Testing will move from the AGC to Emmons Wellness Center.
- Summer testing will be Mondays through Thursdays, from 9 a.m. - 12 noon.
- Student testing will remain open for students with symptoms and those who may have been exposed to COVID.
- Employee testing will be available to those employees who receive an exposure notification. Employees experiencing symptoms should stay home. Find other no-cost testing locations.
- Opt-in testing will no longer be offered.
Oxy’s current masking guidance remains in effect:
- Indoor masking is required at Emmons Wellness Center.
- Masks are strongly recommended in other indoor and crowded outdoor settings.
As always, our protocols are subject to change based upon how the pandemic and the public health guidance continue to evolve on and off campus. Our collective efforts this year helped to keep our community safe and healthy. Thank you for all you did to contribute to such a wonderful year.
COVID Operations Group (COG)
Harry J. Elam, Jr., President
Sharla Fett, Faculty Council President, Professor of American History
Rob Flot, Vice President for Student Affairs & Dean of Students
Amos Himmelstein, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Nora Kahn, General Counsel
Devon Sakamoto, Assistant Dean of Students for Emmons Wellness Center
Wendy Sternberg, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College
Jim Tranquada, Director of Communications
James Uhrich, Vice President for Information Technology Services & Chief Information Office