An update on additional COVID-19 testing processes at Emmons this summer beyond the regular surveillance testing for unvaccinated individuals.
Dear Oxy Community,
As we communicated in our update on May 25, only unvaccinated individuals are required to participate in regular surveillance testing. Based on evolving protocols and follow up questions from community members, I would like to give you an update on additional COVID-19 testing processes at Emmons
1. Unvaccinated individuals who are on campus must get tested twice per week on Mondays and Thursdays - no exceptions. If you will be out of the office or unavailable for any reason, please contact Emmons or myself to arrange a make-up test the following day or when you return. Routine salivary testing is located at Emmons Wellness Center on Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30am-12:30pm.
2. If you are unvaccinated and traveling for Oxy purposes, you must continue testing on the regular schedule in the location you are in. Emmons is happy to help you find a testing center in the area you are traveling to.
3. Vaccinated community members who are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 may get tested at Emmons. However, to ensure that this is the most appropriate test (as opposed to a rapid flu or treating allergy-related symptoms with antihistamines first), a brief consultation with an Emmons medical staff person is necessary. This is also to ensure we are available and there is someone in the clinic at the time you need to test. Please call Emmons at 323-259-2657 or the on-call number at 213-424-6000.
4. Vaccinated community members who are exposed to COVID-19 do not need to get tested or quarantine unless they begin to experience symptoms. This is consistent with the latest CDC and L.A. County Department of Public Health guidance.
5. Visitors to campus do not need to get tested or show proof of testing or vaccination to be on campus. All visitors are asked to mask indoors at all times.
Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns you may have. I will be offering a webinar and Q&A with Dr. Kimberly Shriner later this month to provide the most recent medical guidance and emerging data on COVID-19, the Delta variant, vaccines, and fall health and safety plans. Please look out for an invite from me next week.
Wishing you all a safe and healthy summer!
Senior Director, Emmons Wellness Center