A message updating students on the process for reporting their vaccine status. Although the campus-wide deadline to submit proof of vaccination is August 2, all students must report their vaccine status by June 15 in order to be eligible for campus housing.
Dear Oxy Students:
Earlier today, President Elam sent an email regarding Oxy’s new COVID-19 vaccination requirements, along with information about our updated testing protocols for vaccinated and unvaccinated community members.
In line with this new policy, all students must submit proof of vaccination or request an exemption. Although the campus-wide deadline to submit proof of vaccination is August 2, all students must report their vaccine status by June 15 in order to be eligible for campus housing. As President Elam stated, given the nature of congregate living, Los Angeles County public health officials have, to date, explicitly advised area colleges and universities to consider vaccination status with regard to housing assignments. Based on this guidance, the College will make a reasonable effort to house all eligible students in accordance with county guidelines. However, please note that a student’s inability or failure to be vaccinated may impact our ability to provide on-campus housing. Even if you are not requesting campus housing, we are requesting you to update your vaccination status by June 15, so that we can understand what percent of Oxy students, staff and faculty are vaccinated.
Process for Reporting Your Vaccine Status
- If you have already been vaccinated and have uploaded your proof of vaccination through the MyHealth portal, no further action is required. You will receive a status confirmation from Emmons by June 15.
- If you have already been vaccinated and have not uploaded your proof of vaccination through the MyHealth portal, you must submit proof of vaccination following the instructions below.
- If you have not yet been vaccinated and intend to be fully vaccinated by August 2, please complete the form titled “COVID-19 Intent to Vaccinate” and upload it to the MyHealth portal. Please note that you will need to go back into the portal by August 2 to submit proof of vaccination. Failure to do so may jeopardize your eligibility for campus housing.
- If you intend to submit a medical, religious, or personal exemption, those forms are available for download below. If you are applying for campus housing, you must submit your exemption form by uploading it to the portal per the instructions below by June 15. Please note that while personal exemptions are being accepted at this time, they will be revoked upon full FDA approval of any of the COVID-19 vaccines. Unvaccinated individuals with an approved exemption will be subject to twice-weekly testing, as well as other preventative measures (including but not limited to masking, daily health checks, social distancing, etc.) to protect the health and well-being of the Oxy community.
Submit Proof of Vaccination or an Exemption Form
- Log into myhealth.oxy.edu using your Oxy credentials.
- Complete the 2-step verification.
- On the front page, choose: Enter My COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Upload a picture of your vaccination card OR exemption/declination/
- If vaccinated, enter the date vaccinated and type of vaccine received
- Click “Done.” All fields may be updated at any time and new files can be uploaded to replace existing ones
- You will receive a status confirmation from Emmons within two weeks
Vaccine Reporting Forms
Thank you so much for your time and attention. This is an exciting and important step as we plan for an in-person return to campus this fall!