Early arrival is essential for the best choice of seats in Hillside Theater, but it is especially important for individuals with special-assistance needs to arrange to be seated no later than 8:00 a.m.
A limited number of seats are set aside at the front of Hillside Theater for people who need special seating.
- Seats for those requiring special assistance will be assigned on the day of Commencement on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You do not need to fill out a form to request special seating.
- At the conclusion of Commencement exercises, those guests seated in special-assistance seating and those accompanying them will be asked to leave through the north exit of Hillside Theater, allowing graduates and other guests to use the south exit.
- Occidental College is unable to furnish wheelchairs. If you are coming from a distance and are unable to bring your wheelchair, rental arrangements are possible but must be made in advance. Please contact Rocio Ramos at (323) 259-2558 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Due to the limited number of seats for individuals with special needs, we can only seat the person with special needs in the front section. One other person accompanying each individual will be allowed to sit on the built-in concrete benches immediately behind the person needing special accommodations. Others in the party will have to be in the general seating area.
- Additionally, Commencement will be livestreamed on campus in Choi Auditorium, an ADA-accessible, air-conditioned theater. Choi Auditorium is located just off the Academic Quad, where the post-Commencement reception is held. Wristbands are not required to watch in Choi Auditorium, and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Shuttles will run on designated routes from 7:00 a.m. until 8:45 a.m., and from the conclusion of Commencement exercises until 1:30 p.m.