Documentation must be current and provided by a professional who is qualified and appropriately licensed to diagnose such disorders, and should include the following information:
- Secific diagnosis based upon established clinical criteria; as well as the nature of impairment caused by the condition.
- Documentation should include pertinent history related to the medical/physical disability.
- Documentation should include specific recommendation(s) for accommodation(s) that are necessary due to the condition (i.e., dorm accommodation, classroom accommodation, etc).
- Data that supports the request for each particular accommodation sought by the student.
- Documentation for conditions that are transitory in nature, should include information regarding prognosis for improvement and the timeline for re-evaluation. Due to the transitory nature of many medical/physical disabilities, annual re-evaluations are usually required.