Oxy offers excellent health, dental, life and retirement benefits, along with many other extras including use of our new swimming pool and tennis courts, weight room and gym facilities, and the College Library.
You can access the Occidental College Benefits Resource Center by clicking on the appropriate link below. For a breakdown of the basics, you can also review this general Benefits 101 Guide.
TEAMSTERS 911 EMPLOYEES
Look here for periodic updates on College benefits, including open-enrollment periods and other information, as well as quick access to our insurance providers.
- 2022 Occidental Non-Teamsters Benefits Guide (PDF)
- 2022 Occidental Teamsters 911 Union Benefits Guide (PDF)
- 2022 Occidental Teamsters 911 Union Benefits Guide (Spanish) (PDF)
Keep Your Beneficiary Designations Up-to-Date
Please remember to keep your beneficiary designations up-to-date. This will guarantee that your loved ones will be protected. Beneficiaries should be designated for both the life insurance plans offered by the College and the TIAA retirement annuity plans. Please contact Karen Salce as soon as possible if you would like to update or check on your beneficiaries under these programs.
Jury Duty Leave Policy
It is the College's policy to enable its employees to fulfill their civic obligations. If an employee is called to serve on jury duty, the employee is requested to notify his or her supervisor immediately.
Occidental College Health Plan Update
The information contained in this update represents a change to the rules of the Occidental College Health Plans. Please read carefully.
Affordable Care Act
Implementation of the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (the healthcare reform law) requires the enclosed notice to be sent to every employee.
Basic Leave Entitlement
FMLA requires covered employers to provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees.
Health Benefit Provider Websites
Other Benefit Provider Websites
Hartford Voluntary Life Insurance
MetLife - accident/critical illness/hospital indemnity insurance
Pet Assure/PetPlus - pet insurance
Retirement Plan Documents
Additional Employee Benefits
- Access to swimming pool, fitness center, track and tennis courts at no charge to employees
- Participation in a variety of health and wellness classes
- On-campus discounted Weight Watchers programs
- Access to Academic Commons, which includes library borrowing privileges
- Employees receive an Oxy Bookstore discount of 10% on most items
- Employees may be eligible to receive discounted rate for dependent use of gym facility
Movie Theater Tickets - Discounted tickets are available for purchase on campus in the Student Activities Center located in the Johnson Student Center.
Verizon Wireless - Go to www.verizonwireless.com/getdiscount, enter your work email address, receive validation email, register your line. Note: Benefit does not apply to unlimited plans.
AT&T - Eligible for discounts on qualified services, equipment, and more. Go to: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/index.jsp
Universal Studios and Six Flags/Magic Mountain - Oxy employees: go to https://my.oxy.edu. After logging in, select EMPLOYEE SERVICES tab; under “Discount Tickets” section, select “our website” and “discounted tickets”; purchase and print your tickets.
Employees may join the Glendale Area Schools CU to take advantage of share accounts, checking accounts, Visa cards, and many other services provided only to member Institutions. The Credit Union has two nearby locations, one in downtown
Glendale at the US Post Office (818-243-1797) and another, at the main branch, in Montrose (800-844-5363).
- February: Heart Wellness Awareness
- March: TIAA On-site Group Information Sessions - March 23, 2023
- April: Mind and Body Wellness Fair - April 13, 2023
- May: Celebrating a Healthy You Week - May 1 through May 5, 2023
- June: Employee Discounts through Working Advantage
- July: Summer Wellness Tips - Kaiser and Blue Shield of CA
- September: TIAA On-site Group Information Sessions - September 28, 2023
- October: Wellness Fair - October 5, 2023 10 am to noon in Academic Quad; Annual Open Enrollment - October 23, 2023 through November 3, 2023