The Fulbright award funds research, study, and English teaching opportunities abroad in over 100 countries.
Spring 2020 Oxy Fulbright Info Session
Watch Fulbright Alumni Ambassador and Oxy alum Fernando Abarca's Fulbright BlueJeans presentation here!
Preliminary application deadline: June 26, 2020
Internal application deadline: September 14, 2020
National deadline: TBA
For more information about Oxy's application process, please see Oxy's Fulbright handbook.
The Fulbright Program seeks to promote cultural engagement and international understanding by funding grants for U.S. citizens to research, study, and teach English abroad.
In order to apply, a candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen at time of application
- be a senior or recent graduate at time of application
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- have not previously had a Fulbright
- have not resided in the country for more than six months (undergraduate study abroad does not count toward this)
- have not had extensive, recent experience in the home country (undergraduate study abroad does not count toward this)
Oxy application process:
1. Complete the Preliminary Application Google Form and upload a resume by June 26, 2020.
2. Email drafts of your two essays to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27, 2020 to receive summer feedback. (This step is optional, but highly recommended.)
3. After your spring semester grades are available, request an official transcript through our office. You can do so by walking into HCC and obtaining a form from Julia or by emailing us at email@example.com and requesting a transcript form to complete electronically.
4. Complete your application on Slate, Fulbright's online application site, by September 14, 2020 at 11:59pm and hit "submit." Ask your three recommenders to submit their recommendations by September 14 as well. After we collect a PDF of your application to use in our internal review, we will unsubmit your application so you can continue revising it.
5. Interview with the campus committee.
6. Revise your application and resubmit it by a day before the national deadline in order to avoid any last-minute problems with the site.